Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Billancourt engine Radiator needed

edwin

Enthusiast
Hi all. I am in the process of getting my R4 restored mechanicaly. However, the rad on my 1972 R4 1126 model is completely shot. Any ideas on where I might get a good second hand one for a Billancourt engine. New are £250 and upwards, and may not be as good. So I would prefer a good condition original if possible. I am looking in France, but I am getting the quest out there to see if anyone has anything or ideas.

Hi all. I am in the process of getting my R4 restored mechanicaly. However, the rad on my 1972 R4 1126 model is completely shot. Any ideas on where I might get a good second hand one for a Billancourt engine. New are £250 and upwards, and may not be as good. So I would prefer a good condition original if possible. I am looking in France, but I am getting the quest out there to see if anyone has anything or ideas.
Hi Edwin
These might be worth an email:

Hello,
I always have my radiators recored at a company called Boston Motorcool in Lincolnshire. They are an old school radiator re-conditioner and it usually cost around £180. I have had at least a dozen done with them. The radiator must have metal ends.

Simon-I've got a couple of these. If I'm right one is metal-ends other(s) might be plastic...dunno at the moment.. I'll take £100+ post ( must check postage from Norwayland in case) -Reid

HI Malc! -I see DeMarco gets good reviews. Run by an enthusiast it seems.. -Reid
I'm not very impressed so far. I think they are out of stock like everyone else. When I asked they said they had sent it, then when I asked for a tracking number they said they are awaiting it from their supplier. Annoying as on top of the 2 weeks since the order I'll need to wait another few days for a refund before buying one from China.

On the plus side I'll have an old but watertight radiator available for someone else that works on all but the hottest days of the year. Might be a good replacement for leaky radiator for no budget.

Simon-I've got a couple of these. If I'm right one is metal-ends other(s) might be plastic...dunno at the moment.. I'll take £100+ post ( must check postage from Norwayland in case) -Reid
Hi Reid,

Just jumping on this thread as likewise to a couple of other people on here, I'm also on the lookout for a Billancourt radiator. Would either of these radiators still be available? Thanks,
Ben

Hi Reid,

Just jumping on this thread as likewise to a couple of other people on here, I'm also on the lookout for a Billancourt radiator. Would either of these radiators still be available? Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben. Still available yes-needs to check postage from Norwayland

Back