Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New here.

Emsquared

Hello. Martin is my name, and although I don't (yet!) have a R4, I feel as if there's a definite scratch that needs itching. To mis-quote Billy Bragg, I've had relations with cars of many nations. The French quota have all been Citroens; two BX19s and a Xantia.

I would really appreciate a face-to-face with a R4 owner stood in front of a physical car, who can point out the potential trouble spots for rot. I'm in Ringwood, Hampshire. If anyone can oblige, I'd really appreciate it.

All the best.
Martin.

I can't offer you a 4 to see, but admire your other French cars; my 1994 Xantia was the most comfortable car I've ever owned and I said goodbye to it after 250,000 miles, many of them on French autoroutes on holidays across that country! Easy to fix yourself, the 2 litre engine was a dream to service & that legendary Citroën suspension has never been beaten!

I can't offer you a 4 to see, but admire your other French cars; my 1994 Xantia was the most comfortable car I've ever owned and I said goodbye to it after 250,000 miles, many of them on French autoroutes on holidays across that country! Easy to fix yourself, the 2 litre engine was a dream to service & that legendary Citroën suspension has never been beaten!
My Xantia was a 1.9 diesel, and yes very comfortable. Finally it succumbed to a major electrical fault located somewhere in the loom that ran behind the front bumper.
The BX19s were a GT and GTI (8 valve) respectively.

Back