Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

SOLD Lady Marmalade is For Sale! Very sorted C-Reg GTL NEW CHASSIS!

Stuart Morling

Enthusiast
Hello all, i have the pleasure to put forward to you an excellent specimen of a Renault 4 GTL!

The main talking point about Lady Marmalade is that she is the car we made a new steel chassis and floor for...
There were numerous posts on the forum regarding the possible production of these new chassis however it soon became apparent that it was not an economically viable business opportunity. However that aside, the main good thing that came from my little entrepreneurial venture is that this car has the newest underneath you will find EVER!
Made and welded in high quality steel the chassis took an awful lot of time and money to make, and it does show! The car feels very solid.
Engine wise it is excellent, starts first time whatever the weather.
Interior is nice, and fairly unmarked,
I have just recently done some body work cutting away a little rust on the back corners and it looks excellent!
Its done around 125k miles, but doesn’t show it, the engine buzzes along happily and recently I have been driving it back and forwards from Kent to Somerset and to North Wales from Somerset in comfort and doing a great fuel consumption!

Parts used in the Chassis up rebuild are too numerous to list, your best bet is to give me a ring and I can explain. The pics should help also!

I believe this is one of the most sorted R4's you will find! I don’t know of any others with a completely brand new chassis recently fitted! Its a VERY reluctant sale but University costs an awful lot of money nowadays, i will nowhere near recover the costs of the chassis i had hand made for this car but i believe a viable price would be around £3500 for such an excellent specimen!
However if you wanted to ring me and make me an offer you are more than welcome! Car comes with lots of spare parts also!
Give me a ring if you have any questions, or if you want me to email pictures of more specific areas/ parts...
Im near Taunton in Somerset about 15 mins from J25 of the M5, and am often working from home so text or ring me and i can arrange a viewing or test drive..

I have had a HUGE amount of enjoyment out of this car, and it will be very sad to see it go, i just hope someone is out there who can enjoy it as much as i have!
Regards Stuart.

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,623
  • IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,668
  • IMG_4247.jpg
    IMG_4247.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,733
  • IMG_4264.jpg
    IMG_4264.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,632
Lady Marmalade.

Have seen your ad. and even though I now live in Eire am very interested in your car. I recently lived 15 miles from Taunton so know the area reasonably well. Is the said " Lady " still on the market?

CAR IS STILL FOR SALE! :) (apologies for radio silence)

Hello all! really sorry for inactivity, have had a very busy summer, YES! the car is still for sale and i am open to all reasonable offers/visits, as i am sure you can tell i haven't been checking this thread often enough! so the best way to get hold of me would be to call or text me on 07836640681 to arrange a viewing/test drive! have had a few people ring and come and look at it, but it is still available for the time being!
Best regards, Stuart.

Back