Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Temperature sensor

That looks like an 845cc engine. You can buy adapters on ebay if the thread in the sensor is too small.

That looks like an 845cc engine. You can buy adapters on ebay if the thread in the sensor is too small.
I bought this mechanical one. I don't know how to install it though. Is it even possible to use this one?

IMG_20240710_184114.jpg

@rastiazul, here is a topic:
I did read that previously but isn't your gauge an electric one?

I bought this mechanical one. I don't know how to install it though. Is it even possible to use this one?

View attachment 33351
You can use this. But you have to get creatieve.
Temperature readings are all about right placing and enough contact patch at your sensor to take over accurate temperature.

So placing must be below/ behind thermostat in the waterflow or attached with enough heat transmission on the outside. Like directly at the cillinder head. You could even JB weld this sensor at the cillinder head.

Don't think to much. Just buy a matching set and work with it.

I myself bought a Chinese set. With 1/8 unf treads. And a matching m18x 1.5 I think btass insert. I pulled the switching sensor and put this temperature sensor in its place.
It works well on thr billancourt engine

Personally, I don't feel like cramming all kinds of extra meters, gauges, levers and switches into my Renault R4, it shouldn't become a circus or fairground car, but everybody it's own.
But if I wanted to install a temperature gauge in a non-cross flow engine, I would be interested in the water temperature at cylinder 4, which is the hotspot after all.
On the large Cleon engines you have a drain plug that you could use, on the small Billancourt engines you would have to create a thread.

Finally succeeded. I had the adaptor made and I had to get a gasket because it was leaking. Now I just have to find a hole big enough for the sensor to go through in order to have the meter inside the cabin. Any ideas?
Maybe @Grenuj can tell me. I saw a picture but couldn't figure out the spot

Back